Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Festive Creativity!

Last Friday, on August 28, I performed, Varalakshmi puja at my home. Every year, I look forward towards decorating the Varalakshmi devi (The Goddess of Boons) and try to be creative. For more information about this wonderful tradition check my blog post at:https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4303195915708670428#editor/target=post;postID=5754354575422591668;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=1;src=postname
Varalakshmi puja at my home



Puja at my mother's (Mrs. Ramani) place

Puja at my sister's (Parimala) home

Puja performed at Meenakshi and Manasa's place. Special credit to my cousin, Ramji bava

Puja at Anuradha Suri's home

And every year, I am amazed and inspired by the creativity of many of the South Indian women who perform this pooja too, by decorating their Varalakshmi devi with great enthusiasm and zest.
Here is a glimpse at some of the beautifully decorated Varalakshmi idols. I was visited some of their houses, last Friday and witnessed their creativity! And some more which I happened to come across via their posts on Facebook…
Puja at Prasad aunty's place
Puja at Kasturi aunty and Poornima's home.


The magnificent devi!

Puja at Kirshnamoorthy aunty's place

Decorated with flowers...

The Goddess of boons!

Puja at Bhanu Peri's home

Beautifully decorated rangoli!

In rich splendour...






In grandiose splendour!
Jai Varalakshmi Devi !!

Note: Sorry for not being able to list the names of few of the creative women!

No comments: